Did you know in the U.S. alone, there is a car break-in every 44 seconds? 50% of these car thefts could’ve been prevented by the car owner taking simple precautions. It’s good to be reminded of some easy ways you can prevent falling victim to car theft because it’s always a possibility. Here are some helpful hints:
- Do not leave any types of keys visible from the window.
- Avoid having a hide-a-key on your vehicle. That is the oldest trick in the book and thieves are very aware of them.
- If you have a high-end car, invest in a kill-switch. They may be pricey but it will be worth it to prevent damage to a nice car that may require expensive repairs.
- Lock your car when getting gas. Carjackers are good at stealing items from the passenger seat while car owners are filling up with gas.
- Park in lit areas at night. A car is less likely to get broken into if it’s in an area that is lit up instead of in a dark area.
- If there any damages to your car from a theft, find a credible auto body shop with top-quality repairs and excellent service to make getting back on the road as painless as possible.
Here at Ric’s Body and Paint, we want to help you prevent carjackers from breaking into your car.
However, if you fall victim to a car theft and there are damages, Ric’s Body and Paint is here to help. Your safety and satisfaction is our goal here. Our friendly, experienced customer service team takes care of you from the time you come in for a free estimate until you drive away with your newly repaired car. Contact us if you would like to learn more about our services.